Sunday, February 8, 2015

EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES

Ever since that Abu Ghraib story came out I've been following that kind of stuff in the papers with a lot more interest. Unlike the people's republic of Manhattan, here in Elmira everyone knows at least a few local folks who are serving in the military. Most guys my age served in Vietnam so around here, war is something a bit more than an abstraction.

Between you and me, when I see these hooded bone-heads torching guys in cages it gets my hair up with ugly fantasies of revenge. I'm amazed how we waste so much time splitting hairs about what is and isn't legal while these animals would cut off your nuts in a heartbeat, eat them on a kebab and not lose a minute's sleep in the process.

 Do we torture? C'mon!

These suckers get three squares and a piss bucket so as far as I'm concerned that's four stars in any Zagat guide for gulags.


My only regret is that I'm too damned old to enlist. Like Cheney I was too busy to let myself get drafted back in the day. Now that I'm retired I could easily see myself slapping around some Sunni with his legs tied up in a chair.

And if a few of these nitwits in Guantanamo are blameless victims of hysterical happenstance, so what!?
 
 

We live in the greatest country on earth which is currently hosting  about 2 and a half million prison inmates.

You really think that every single one of 'em is guilty?

No comments:

Post a Comment